Giving to St. B's
Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) Scholarship Information:
New tax rules mean your donation goes even further when giving to St Bartholomew through a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO)!
Our Scholarship Granting Organization allows our donors to make gifts to St. Bartholomew that directly benefit the scholarships awarded to our students who are most in need.
A School Scholarship Tax Credit is available to individuals or corporations who donate to SGOs for the purpose of supporting St. Bartholomew students. Any donation made to an SGO designated for St. Bartholomew will be applied directly to the cost of tuition for incoming or existing students who qualify. By designating your gift specifically for St. Bartholomew Catholic School you ensure that your gift will provide for a Christ-centered education.
All donations to SGOs are eligible for a 50% state tax credit that allows donors to minimize state taxes paid for this year’s income. In addition, the donation is eligible for a federal tax deduction.
For example: a $5,000 donation would be eligible for a $2,500 state tax credit as well as a federal tax deduction at your applicable tax rate.
Be sure to select: St Bartholomew, Columbus for your donation!
Please visit Institute for Quality Education for more information: http://www.i4qed.org/sgo/donors
- There is no limit or minimum on the size of the contribution. However, the tax credit amount cannot exceed the state tax liability for the current year. (On July 1st of 2018 Indiana allocated $14 million in tax credits for SGOs to offer individuals or businesses as an incentive to help raise funds for scholarships. To see how many tax credits are still available click here: https://www.in.gov/dor/4305.htm)
- Student recipients must meet certain family income levels to qualify for a SGO scholarship.
- Actual after tax cost will vary based on your individual income tax status.
- Donors can carryover unused tax credits for up to nine (9) years.
Mail gifts of Cash or Checks:
St Bartholomew Catholic School
1306 27th Street
Columbus, IN 47201
Kroger Community Rewards
All Kroger shoppers are encouraged to register their Kroger Plus card at www.krogercommunityrewards.com designating ST BARTHOLOMEW SCHOOL AND CHURCH as your non-profit organization #JK481. If you normally use your phone number to access your Kroger Plus card simply call 800-576-4377 and select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number and register ST BARTHOLOMEW SCHOOL AND CHURCH (#jk481) as your non-profit of choice. We earned $2,000 last quarter from Kroger Community Rewards – Thank you!!
Kroger Community Rewards instructions in English & Spanish: Kroger Rewards Program Instructions
You shop, Amazon gives! Amazon will now donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you shop at AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com). Simply choose St Bartholomew as your charitable organization of choice and start shopping. St Bartholomew School is listed as: ST BARTHOLOMEW CATHOLIC CHURCH COLUMBUS INC.
More info regarding our St Bartholomew School Endowment Fund will be coming soon…
Gift in Your Will or Living Trust
Interested in helping St Bartholomew Catholic School with our mission but feel overwhelmed by the thought of writing another check or giving up your assets today? A simple, flexible and versatile way to ensure we can continue our work for years to come is a gift in your will or living trust, known as a charitable bequest.
By including a bequest to St Bartholomew School in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can continue our mission for years to come.
- Contact Helen Heckman or email@example.com for additional information on bequests or to chat more about the different options for including St Bartholmew in your will or estate plan.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include St Bartholomew in your plans, please use our legal name and Federal Tax ID.